Advanced Eye Care Services Notice of Privacy Practices
Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities
This notice describes how your Protected Health Information (PHI) may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record (We may charge a fee for this)
- Request a correction to your paper or medical record
- Request the manner in which we communicate with you (phone, email, text, paper mail)
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we have shared your information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You can talk with
Terry Lockard or security administrator or contact the Department of Health and Human Services.
You have the choice in the way we share your information with
- Telling your friends and family about your condition
- Include you in our patient directory
- Market our services
Our Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
- Treat you
- Run our organization
- Bill for your services
- Help with public health and safety
- Do research
- Comply with the law
- Respond to legal requirements
- Address governmental requests
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
- We can share your health information if we are legally required due to public health disease prevention, health oversight activities, to comply with law enforcement or HIPAA investigations, to monitor FDA-regulated products, or to prevent abuse or serious threats to anyone’s health or safety.
- We never share your information unless you give us written permission for marketing.
- We never sell your information.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our website.